The 44 Breaths – Breathwork Exercise
The “44 Breaths” is a quick, simple and focused method of “turbo-charging” any meditation or visualisation process.
Run through One Cycle (see below) several times to enter a deeper state of consciousness, then use it to maintain your frequency.
One cycle consists of:
7 7 deep breaths
7 + 7 14 medium breaths
7 + 7 + 7 21 fast breaths
1 Retention on the Inhale (hold in for about 1 minute)
1 Retention on the Exhale (hold out for about 20
Using the Transitional Breath Process between cycles will intensify the effect on your meditation.
The Transitional Breath
The Transitional Breath creates a shifting point between the various cycles of breathwork.
• Exhale, then inhale deeply, filling your lungs and holding your breath in.
• Retain the inhale. Top up the air in your lungs, if necessary. Try to hold the inhale for about one minute or more.
• While holding your breath in, tense your perineum (the muscle between the anus and genitals), sending vital energy up your spine, connecting to your crown, and beyond.
• Using the energy generated by your spinal axis, send your consciousness down into the Underworld, or up into the Celestial Realm… or… extending towards the Light (below or above).
• Breathe out… Breathe in again…
• Then exhale, keeping your lungs empty. Try to hold the breath out for about 20 seconds.
• Tense your perineum. Send your energy down or up. This out-breath is symbolic of a little death… when you inhale again, symbolically you will be reborn.
• Breathe in… flooding your being with divine life-force energy.